Alongside the debut of watchOS 3, Apple introduced a new feature called “Breathe,” which reminds users to take some time out of their busy day and practice a bit of mindfulness and do some breathing exercises with the aid of their Apple Watch.
While many users appreciate the reminders as a way to take a quick break form their busy day, other users may not want to take as many Breathe breaks as required by the app’s defaults, or simply may not want to do them at all.
Luckily, there is a way to adjust the time between reminders, or even to turn them off if that’s what you wish.
How To Turn Off or Adjust ‘Breathe’ Reminders on Your Apple Watch
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone, and tap the ‘My Watch’ tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down the next menu until you see the “Breathe” menu option. Tap that.
- On the next screen, at the top of the screen, you can tap on “Notifications Off” if you want to turn off the reminders.
- If you want to adjust the intervals between Breathe Reminders, tap on “Breathe Reminders.”
- Here you can tap either “None” to turn the reminders off, or tap “1 time a day,” up to “10 times a day” adjust the time between “Breathe” reminders.
Now, your Apple Watch will take notice of the changes, and react accordingly.
While you’re in the “Breathe” menu, you can also adjust other related app options, including whether to mute notifications for the day (notifications will begin again the next day), adjust the number of breaths per minute, and much more.
For more great “how to” articles that will teach you more about how to get things done using your Apple Watch, visit the “How To” section of our website.